Monday, July 26, 2010

Bambi X2

Yesterday when I was driving to Spooner on Hwy 53, I saw 2 fawns in the ditch munching on grasses.  They were so close to the road I was worried about them with all the traffic on 53.  Today, I went to Spooner to do my shift at the Wisconsin Canoe Heritage Museum I came over a small hill on Hwy 53 and saw these two fawns, likely the same ones I saw yesterday, grazing along the road.  Life is timing, no cars behind me and a turn lane for a country road, so I pulled right over.  The fawns let me walk quite close to them even though cars were speeding by and I was clicking a camera.
They hardly noticed that I was walking towards them.
Too busy chowing down to notice me.
The front fawn sneaking a peek at me.
Finally I get a little attention from one fawn.
What big ears you have.
Oh, now the 2nd fawn sees me.  Click on picture to see enlargement.
Checking me out now.
The 2nd fawn finally figures out I am getting in their space.
Very cute and hope that they stay off the road.
Once they started to bolt I yelled at them to stay away from the road!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails