Friday, July 16, 2010

My Visit with Anders

On Monday I drove to Durand to stay for a couple of nights.  Kris and Lora needed some help watching Anders for Tuesday and Wednesday mornings.  Anders loves his books, he's such a big boy now.
Unfortunately, I had a cold and once I got to Durand, the cold got really bad so I spent a couple of days being sick with Anders.  He was so good for me.  
Both mornings Anders slept past 8am.  Then, during the morning after breakfast, he sat on my lap and watched Nickolodeon while I snoozed.
He loves bouncing on my air bed, what a goof!

Tuesday evening, Lora and Anders & I went to The Pizza Farm.  It is located in the country near Stockholm, WI.  It's an interesting thing going on there.  People bring their own tables, chairs, silverware, plates, napkins, drinks, etc. to eat a pizza.  Then they pack all their stuff back out to the car including their trash.  The Pizza Farm is only open on Tuesday evenings.  The pizza was good and made from ingredients grown there on the farm.  We'll go back and be a little better prepared, luckily Lora insisted on bringing a cooler with some pop in it.  I was pretty surprised that they didn't well any refreshments at all.
Lora and Anders went to check on our pizza, we waited about an hour from the time we put in our order.
People watching was good at The Pizza Farm - I was amazed at how much stuff people hauled in and set up.
Anders enjoyed the people watching too - he was pointing out a baby on a blanket.
Anders was very patient while we waited for our pizza.  Lora had brought some trucks and cars for him to play with so that kept him busy for awhile.
I thought the candelabra was a little much.
~~
Anders enjoys watching Sesame Street.  I got a kick out him pointing out both Bert & Elmo on the band of his diaper as I was changing him.  He's talking more and more everyday.  It was great to spend some time with him, can't wait to go back when I'm not battling a bad cold.
(So far no one in Durand has come down with the cold, that is the good news.)



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails