Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Back at the patch

I got home last night at about 10 O'Clock.  It sure is nice to be back in Rice Lake.  The trip Out West went great, I got to see many many Colorado pals.  The retirement party for my good friends Mark, Deb & Mimi was big fun, many Coors folks and many cold beers.  
Laila and I had a good couple of days at her place too.  We had a blast at 'the ponies'.
Travel both ways was uneventful, which is just how I like it.  Now that I am learning which routes are a little shorter, I find that it is only 110 miles home from the airport, so not bad at all.
~~
The cats did great under the care of 2 of my neighbor kids.  The cats don't seem to be that excited about the fact that I am home but that the windows are open again, and that they really do like.
~~
While I was gone, the tomatoes shot up another 6 inches, at least.  The top 2X4 in the tomato patch picture is 4 feet off the ground.  I can see some tomatoes on the vines too, so that is exciting.

1 comment:

Amy Waage said...

Very nice blog. My husband & I moved up to our lake home in Chetek, WI from St Paul, MN and I also blog about full time life at the lake. So check ours out if you get some free time.
http://youusandthelake.blogspot.com/

Amy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails