Sunday, June 20, 2010

Probably Raccoons

Last night I chased the raccoons out of the back yard 3 times and I'm sure that as soon as I was back in bed, they came back.  I had been feeding the birds from some platform feeders sitting on the landscape blocks because the bears and bent the support poles in half.  Well, I guess the raccoon family that that was easy pickins' for them.  Raccoons are so bold.  I tried to blow a whistle at them, they just looked up at me with that look on their face like 'seriously, are we supposed to be scared?'
~~
This morning, I was not too pleased to see that the raccoons, or I suppose it could have been a bear, had demolished a storage box that I had a bag of birdseed stored in.
I had noticed,and just mentioned to Laila last night, that the edge of the cover was chewed, I was thinking squirrels until this morning.

The thing sort of snaps together, so once it was on it's side, it was easy peasy.

A nice trail of seed across the yard where they must have drug the 50 lb bag of Cardinal's Choice.

I scooped up as much as I could, but it will be a buffet for the birds and animals for awhile.  No sign of the bag, I'll probably find it if I drive around the neighborhood.  Pretty sure it was a bear as I just noticed that the hummingbird feeder in the back yard is on the ground, the shepherd's hook bent in half.  I'm starting to have quite a pile of scrap metal here.

Eventually I will learn how to live here in the country, event by event the animals are teaching me.
~~
Happy Father's Day to all.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails