Thursday, June 17, 2010

I got a promotion!

The Board of Directors of the Wisconsin Canoe Heritage Museum  have promoted me to Volunteer Chairperson for the museum.  I have been scheduling the volunteers and they decided they liked what I was doing.  It's pretty easy, and as all of you know, I am such a geek that I am online almost 24/7, so it is easy for me to update the group on our schedule.  I told them I would do it for a year, and then re-evaluate.  I'm reluctant to commit to anything for the long term, and they understood.  I think I avoid commitment due to my 20+ years of working on the Coors United Way campaign because of a 'volunteer opportunity' in the first year.  I enjoyed working on, and am very proud of, all of those campaigns, but now I want to keep my options open for anything that comes along.
~~
I worked at the museum all day today and we had about 11 guests.  The day went by quickly and I enjoyed chatting with our visitors.
Here is the front of the museum, next time I work I'll take some pictures of the exhibits.
One of these days I'm going to have to get into a canoe, I've never been, but don't tell....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails