Monday, November 9, 2009

Texas and the Blackberry

Tuesday morning Gus and Lois are coming to Rice Lake to pick me up and drive me to Albert Lea. Dad and Ev will meet us there for lunch at the big Trail TA Travel Stop on I35. I'll go home with the folks, finish packing up their van and then Wednesday morning we still start our travels towards Texas, with our final destination Rockport, TX.
Wednesday noon we will be with Aunt Johanne (Dad's sister) & Uncle Thorvald and my Uncle Chris (Dad's brother) in Des Moines.
Here is a picture of Dad and his siblings from more than 60 years ago.

Back: Johanne, Christian
Front: Ane Marie, Halvdan, Valdemar
We don't know exactly where we will end up on Wednesday night. We plan to stop in Oklahoma City and visit the National Memorial. Who knows what else we will want to stop and see along the way. My cousin Barb lives in Dallas, and we are planning on staying there Friday and Saturday nights. Sunday night we plan to arrive at the folks' winter home, Surfside Inn & Suites.
I will stay for 3 nights in Rockport, hopefully soak up a little sun and then fly home to Minneapolis.
~
Now,what about the Blackberry. Dad & Ev share a cell phone plan with me and their phone was eligible for an upgrade. So, they agreed that they would give a Blackberry a try. This will give them the opportunity to get email no matter where they are, and I am hoping to teach them about text messaging as well.
So, Dad (who will be 88 in April) will be using a Blackberry by the end of the week!
This will work out to be a perfect chance to make this work. Ev will be riding and can be emailing and texting and learning about the Blackberry, while I am right there driving. I got them the exact model I have so that might make it easier.
We did have to change their email address to gmail as hotmail doesn't work quite as easy with a Blackberry (at least according to what I read on the web).
~
No plans for blog updates while I am gone, I'm not taking my laptop and am not sure if I can do blog updates from my iTouch. So, I'll be back on the 19th with news of our big adventure.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails