Thursday, May 20, 2021

Thrift Shop Find

 My friend Mary works at a thrift shop one day a week. The thrift shop proceeds go to the Humane Society. This last week she sent me a text when she was working at the shop saying that a mortar and pestle had come in and it said Coors on it. without knowing much else, I told her I would buy it. She said it wasn't priced but she thought $5 was a good price. I gave her $20 for it. I think it's well worth that plus it is for a good cause.

I don't have one of these small ones. It does not have a single chip on it.  

I have a large white set & a medium cobalt blue glazed set. Now I have the baby set.

The one picture is next to a one cup measuring cup so you can get the idea of the size. My friend Larry who is a serious Coors collector tells me I did okay. 

 


 


I would love to know the story of how this set, manufactured in Golden, Colorado in the 1940's, made its way to Ashland, Wisconsin and now to my cupboard in Rice Lake, Wisconsin.  

Life is good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails