Sunday, May 16, 2021

Moving dirt & birds on the move

Today, I used all but one of the bags of Cowsmo Compost Potting Soil.  I had 9 bags.  It took a bag & 1/2 to fill each of the large decorative pots.  Now I'm ready to get to the greenhouse to buy some plants to fill up those big pots.

One more thing off the list.

  

Ready for Red and White Verbena, assuming I can find some.

After the work was done, Barley and I had some deck time.



She digs it out there.  We spent a little over an hour on the deck.  She was relaxing and taking a bath when I decided I was ready to go in for a shower.

***
I caught a glimpse of this Indigo Bunting the other day but today I got the camera on him.  He's been traveling far, sure is a beauty!
Migration
Long-distance migrant. Indigo Buntings fly about 1,200 miles each way between breeding grounds in eastern North America and wintering areas from southern Florida to northern South America. The birds tend to migrate more or less due south, so buntings that breed in the eastern part of their breeding range also winter in the eastern part of the winter range, while western breeders are western winterers. https://www.allaboutbirds.org/.../Indigo_Bunting/maps-range




Photo bombed by an American Goldfinch






I'm glad he made it back from his journey South.  He's 2 days earlier than 2018.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails