Sunday, May 2, 2021

Migration is good

 The map for the migration shows increased activity with even more coming by mid week.

I saw a Yellow Rumped Warbler the other day and a single female Red Breasted Grosbeak.  One Starling and today a Hummingbird flew past the living room window.

I hung some Hummingbird feeders out and put jelly out in the Oriole feeder.  This time of year is always exciting.  I welcome these birds back from their winter stays in the South.  Wouldn't it be nice if we could manage the same with humans.

The Cardinals are here all through the year, but I got a good look at one today.




A couple of Chipping Sparrows stopped by on their travels too.



This distinctive little Sparrow has a song in sync with its name.

****

Subject change...I spent most of yesterday watching the under-card races for the Kentucky Derby.  It's always such a spectacle of fashion and amazing horses.  I was glad the weather was sunny and nice.  I always fret when the horses have to run on a wet or muddy track.  The horse I chose to win the Derby did not do much. But, it's not for money, just for fun.

Today, I'm continuing the horsey theme.  I happened to see that the movie Seabiscuit was on cable TV.  I do not remember having watched it before.  I'm a big fan of Jeff Bridges and it was such a good movie, I'm glad I didn't miss it.  Several tissues later, my tear ducts got a good flushing.  

I never really caught the horse bug, but I can sure see how it happens.

☮Peace☮

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails