Saturday, May 29, 2021

Happy Birthday to Gus

 It would have been my oldest brother Gus's 75th birthday today.  I planted a yellow peony in his memory and today it is nearly open.




Tomorrow it will be fully opened.  This year, this plant has about 6 or 7 big buds on it.  I hope that they all do well, it is a delicate and beautiful bloom.

πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›

I noticed this dragonfly landing on the Lily of the Valley.
He is called a Blue Dasher.
According to what I read, this is a male.
Interesting critter, it says they eat hundreds of insects everyday, 
so I hope they stick around for 'the hatch'





I watched baseball and basketball today and did laundry.  Barley and I had an excursion to the deck for a bit, it was fun watching some young rabbits racing across the yard.


Now it is time for a shower and to cook one of my meal kits.

Life is good.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails