Sunday, May 30, 2021

Happy Birthday Roche!

 I guess Roche and I have been friends for about 50+  years now, so I've helped her celebrate a few memorable birthdays over the years.  Hope you had a good one today Roche.

I took a little walk about the yard to see what is growing.  Most of my recent transplanted perennials show signs of life, so that makes me glad.

This 'volunteer' hop vine showed up last year.  It will need a bigger trellis now.

Yellow Peony from yesterday, a little more open today.

Yellow Peony bud.  So lovely.

Yellow Peony, the petals look like crepe paper.

It looks to be a banner year for Iris.  I have never seen so many buds.
This is my all time favorite flower, so you'll likely see more photos of the irises as they open.

Lily of the Valley from friend Ann in Pine Island, MN

Forget-Me-Nots from friend Carolyne, RIP my gardener friend.


These Forget-Me-Nots popped up out in the grass, and my lawn guy continues to mow around them.

High Bush Cranberry, I got several of these from the county about 12 years ago, but this one came with the house.  It's in the courtyard so I keep it trimmed down smaller.  Such a pretty and fancy flower.


Hung a new flag, thinking of Dad.  He always liked to see a new flag on Memorial Day.

One of the reasons I went out for the walk about was to grab the SD card out of the trail cam in the backyard.  Much to my surprise, look who was on a walk just about an hour before I was out.

Trail cam sits on the railing of the back deck. 
He's headed towards the flower bed with the yellow peony.

Well, I guess he's not going away anytime soon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails