Monday, February 1, 2021

Accessibilty & Good Luck (finally)

 My kitty Hops has had limited abilities since the day I brought her home.  
I think it could be a neurological and also muscular deficiency.  
Sometimes she has a wobbly head that reminds me of Katherine Hepburn in her later years. 
She cannot jump up high (and her sister just loves to jump from the floor to the back of the recliner).  Hops has to find a route that she can step from low to high via the furniture in the room.
Hops will jump down, but her legs never carry her weight and she always clonks down on the floor in a thud.  On one occasion, she jumped down from the entertainment center, and I happened to see her as her chin hit the floor first and cracked off the tip of one of her canine teeth.  
I have since moved things around so that Hops cannot get up that high.
I have step stools set up in the bedroom to help Hops get up on the bed, and another to help her get up on my lap on the recliner.  But those plastic steps were a little low, so I invested in some steps.
These steps should give Hops easy access to my lap when I am in the recliner 
and if she likes them, I'll get something similar for the bedroom.

 They are nice looking, and fold up flat for storage.
The really sweet bonus is that there is storage inside each step, as you can see, I already filled the biggest step with my 'pandemic' books.


Perfect, thank you Amazon.
Of course, the real test will be later when Hops tries to use them, 
but it looks to me like it should be a perfect solution..

NOW A PLUMBING UPDATE
I have found the perfect repairman.  Chuck is not a plumber but used to work on setting up these modular homes, he thinks he worked on mine.  He does carpentry and other repairs.  I asked him if he does water heaters and he does, so now I know I have a repairman once Ryan deserts me.
Chuck is a character.  I tried to get a screenshot of him in his 'mask'.  He came to the door in a full, suede, bangled mask that was amazing!  







You get the idea.
So, I have already started a list of odd jobs I need done around here and will call Chuck when the weather gets nicer and see if he can help me out.
He only charged me $135 today.  The other plumbing outfit was charging me $150 to drive in the driveway.  I am feeling very lucky today!

AND, Marshfield Clinic called & I am getting my first vaccination at 3:55pm today!
I will also be buying some lottery tickets!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails