Friday, February 12, 2021

Double Overtime

 My ability to see great-niece Ruby play 7th grade basketball has been hit-and-miss. Sometimes the games are live streamed, but sometimes it's very hard to find where they are available on the internet. On Thursday night Luck seventh graders were playing Unity at Unity. I didn't find the game until halftime.

Ruby's team has really improved over this season. I really love watching Ruby she's a good ball-handler and she is fearless. She is not afraid to go grab the ball away from one of the opposing players if she gets the chance. She also has kind of a move that is hers, I call it the 'Ruby Route'. When she brings the ball down after the inbounds she calmly dribbles around the corner along the base line and almost always gets a bucket.  

This particular game with Unity, who is also one of the natural rivals of the Luck sports teams because they are located so close by, was a nail-biter.  The score flip flopped back and forth for the lead almost the entire second half. We ended up in overtime, where again the score flip-flopped and ended in a tie. So a second overtime was played. It was very exciting and in the end, Ruby and her team were the winners. I almost thought she might be able to hear me yelling from my living room, I was very excited.



This is tournament time for the high school teams, but THIS was the best game I have seen this entire season.  Well done Cardinals!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails