Monday, February 15, 2021

Lucky 7

So, in October 2020, I noticed that my dishwasher was leaving soap behind, shortly thereafter I could see the dishes were not getting clean.

Since I had a home warranty program through Sears, I called to make an appointment. After paying my $75 co-pay, I was assured the machine would be fixed or replaced in compliance with my agreement.

The first (1) appointment was for October 27th.  On this day, the technician diagnosed the problem as the timer and he ordered the part & made another appointment for 2 weeks later.  When the next appointment (2) rolled around, I got a call that it was cancelled due to illness.  Another appointment was made for 2 weeks later, and lo and behold, again this (3) appointment was cancelled due to illness.  Finally, 2 weeks later, the technician showed up (4), he installed the new timer and thought that was the cure.  But after he left, I ran a cycle and there was not spraying happening in the dishwasher.  I called Sears right away and they agreed to send the technician back, in two weeks.  This appointment (5) was a bust after the technician determined that the ticket had been written up as if I was going to pay cash and not under my warranty agreement, so he had to leave.  I had to call and reschedule, 2 weeks later, with a corrected work ticket.  In that visit (6), the technician decided it was the motor for the pump that was faulty.  He ordered the part, left and made an appointment for 2 weeks later.  Then, on the last appointment (7), he was unable to loosen on of the 4 levelers on the leg of the dishwasher, so he could not pull it out to work on it.  He told me that it was corroded and rusty.  He also mentioned that the water lines were corroded and he was surprised that I did not have a water leak under the washer. He told me that I would have to have someone work on that leveler/leg, and that I could call and make another appointment once that was done.  

That was appointment number 7.  
It was February 8th. 
I finally reached the point of no return.  
I called the warranty company and cancelled my agreement.  
I called my local Sears Homestore and bought a new dishwasher including installation and removal of the old machine.
Today, the installer arrived at about 2pm and by 4pm, it was a done deal.
In just one appointment!
Out with the old and in with a new, quieter, more efficient and sleek machine.
Unfortunately, now the old stove looks dated.
I might be shopping over the summer.

🕁🕁🕁🕁
Downy Woodpecker, fluffled

Hairy Woodpecker, this brat was tossing seeds off the platform like crazy

I noticed this bird when I heard the seeds hitting the window.

Red Bellied Woodpecker

Red Bellied Woodpecker

Red Bellied Woodpecker

It was wicked cold today, but by afternoon, with the help of the sun, we were creeping up to -1℉.
Now we will start warming up 10 + degrees each day with predictions for the 30s by the end of the week.  
What started me this morning was when a friend on Facebook posted that it was 100 degrees warmer in the house than it was outside.  And it was true, 70℉ inside, - 30℉ outside.
Uffda.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails