Wednesday, February 24, 2021

More reading and more plumbing

I just finished reading & scoring my last essay for the State Academic Decathlon.  Some were about the novel The Cat's Cradle, and some were about the cold war and the programs that were put into place that proliferated the fear of communism.  Some of these kids did a really good job.  All were interesting, one even made me laugh with their writing style.  Anyway, I am done, for now, but I might have to read a few more to break some ties.

The next thing is to take the training tomorrow on how we are going to do the interviews & scoring for Academic Decathlon via Zoom.  When I read the information about how it will work, it was very confusing, so I signed up for 2 training sessions to be sure I'll really understand how it will go.


 Overnight, it changed from rain into snow so this morning, all the trees, every little twig and branch, had a nice coating of snow this morning.  It was a beautiful winter scene.  I had a few Crows hanging around making a bunch of racket.  The snow didn't last long, the sun came out and that took care of that.  It has been in the high 30s all day, much melting has been happening.  I'm happy to have a safe drive way to walk to the mailbox.
🕂🕂🕂🕂
Yet another plumbing problem today.  I noticed it yesterday, there was a small leak in the water supply line to the guest room toilet.  


The new plumber came today and fixed it, while he was here, he replaced 2 valves under the bathroom sink in the master bath too.  Preventative maintenance is good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails