Thursday, February 4, 2021

Virtual basketball, better than nothing

 


Tonight I watched great-niece Charli play varsity basketball. She's a freshman and she starts on the varsity team. Tonight was not a winning effort but the Spring Valley team played like it was a two-point game right up until the end. They are starting to press the other team and shake things up. Unfortunately the season is nearly over but I think next year could be pretty darn exciting and hopefully by then I'll be sitting in the bleachers instead of sitting in my recliner.




Live streaming is nice but this particular school has a camera bolted to the ceiling and sometimes it's hard to even tell which girl is which. In the bottom of these two pictures Charli has the ball getting ready to inbounds it. In the upper picture I would guess the Charli is playing defense under the basket but it's often pretty hard to really tell. So I'm ready to get back in the bleachers where I can see the action again.

We had about four and a half inch of snow overnight until noon. Now the temperature is dropping and we are looking forward to a weekend of highs the zeros. 
Winter is not done with us.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails