Sunday, September 20, 2020

The Titmouse returns, Covid be damned

I see in my bird journal that the Tufted Titmouse was here on this date 2 years ago & 4 years ago.  It's possible I didn't get it written down in other years.  I see this species once in the Spring and once in the Fall.  It's normal habitat is not this far North.

The tufted titmouse is a small songbird from North America, a species in the tit and chickadee family. The black-crested titmouse, found from central and southern Texas southward, was included as a subspecies, but now is considered a separate species. Wikipedia
Length5.9 – 6.7 in. Encyclopedia of Life
Scientific nameBaeolophus bicolor
FamilyParidae
Conservation statusLeast Concern (Population increasing)

I always delight in catching a few photos of this little songbird.  I also always report it to Ebird, and include photos for clear documentation.



The birds are oblivious to the Covid Quarantining.  I'd like to remind them that I am much quicker to provide seeds and fill feeders since I am home all the time.
They should show a little gratitude.

Football Sunday, this is week 2.  It feel more normal to have it on the TV on a Sunday.

Over 200,000 US deaths attributed to Covid 19.
There is no joy in that number.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails