Thursday, September 24, 2020

A Little Peace of Quiet

It is peaceful in the sewing room, my mind stays on the sewing and away from the insanity that is our current state of the union.

 Today I sewed up a few pocket prayer hearts.  If you know me, you probably also know that praying isn't really my thing.  So, I made up these little hearts and changed the instructions just a bit to fit my thoughts on connecting and caring.  

The whole time I was sewing, Hops was snoring away in her spot by the closet doors.  Like I said, it is peaceful in the sewing room.



I found the sewing instructions on YouTube.
Shabby Fabrics is the web page, here is the link.

I simplified a little in that I skipped the batting, sandwiched my fabrics, then 
drew on the heart shape and then trimmed off the excess fabric.

Then it is just a matter of turning it and doing a little topstitching, and wallah!

It makes for a sweet little pocket on the back, or the front.  I guess it could be either.

Here is one of my finished hearts.
I used one for a Confirmation gift, and one for a Sympathy card.
I think it will be nice to have a few of these on hand and they come together fast, and I can use up scraps.



I enjoy the Peace of Quiet that comes with sewing.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails