Saturday, September 5, 2020

177 days now, still well 😷

 12 years ago today, great niece Ruby Anna was born. I had arrived in Rice Lake the day before, slept on an air bed in my new house, then packed up and headed for Minneapolis for the weekend to be at Dad's 62 battalion Nsvy Seabee reunion. On the way to the Twin Cities, I stopped at the St. Croix Hospital and saw the fresh baby Ruby.  She was a darling little cherub.  This photo was taken at Thanksgiving at Gus's cabin, that same year. I'm  standing with Ruby's Dad, Kyle.

I got this photo today from the other great aunt, Lois Skow.  I love it.  

So, today we celebrate Ruby, 12 years old and a very capable young lady.

❤❤❤❤

On a sad note, it is 6 years since Ev died.  

She had a stroke on 9/1/2014, and lasted just a few days with Dad at her side. 

This is another photo from Aunt Lois, happier times. 

I am lucky to have had and to now have such good friends as family.

Peace ☮

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails