Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Fresh food

 In a Zoom visit with friends in Colorado, I learned about Hellofresh, one of the many companies that will send you portions of food to be cooked by you. I had oftentimes thought about trying one of these grocery services but had never taken the first step. After hearing the experience of one of my Colorado friends, I decided it was worth a try. 

I can't believe how much I'm enjoying having a better menu for my evening meals. I'm only getting three meals, two portions each, every other week. But I can see that my grocery shopping is much less, food waste is 0, quality of the food I'm eating is about  1000 percent better and I'm really enjoying the cooking. I might even go to three meals once a week for a while and see if I can keep up. 

Last night I made hot honey chicken with roasted potatoes and green beans. It was really tasty and I will make it again, with or without Hellofresh as the ingredients are readily available. Hellofresh has been a nice break in the food monotony of the self quarantine life I've been leading for 6 months.


187 days of self quarantining,  now that I have a more interesting diet,  I'm ready for another 187 days if needed. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails