Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Emily's Corner

 Yesterday, I got this photo from niece Angie, with this description.


This is my Emily corner. 
It's a cozy little nest in our downstairs living room so she can have her own space when she comes home on the weekends. The bed is the one Ronnie Peterson made when I was little. The beige blanket was Marianne Ormson's, I bought it from her kids. The quilt, I believe you made for Emily when she graduated, and the Afghan is one that my grandma Florence crocheted for us. 
She would feel all of the love sleeping here. 
❧❧❧
It's nice to see something I sewed getting used and I think it is sweet that Angie has gathered so many thoughtful ingredients to Emily's corner.
I did not actually give this to Emily for her graduation, it was just by chance that I gave it to her at all.  I had sewn this quilt at a class in Cornucopia, it was a mystery quilt so when I chose fabrics I had no concept of the design.  I had just finished it when I got Emily's graduation announcement and there she was standing in a field of sunflowers, I thought it was a sign that this was Emily's quilt.
And so it goes.

On a very sad note, the Covid-19 update is sad.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails