Saturday, July 4, 2020

July 4th, 2020 / 114th day

I was thinking about how I have celebrated July 4th holidays over the years.  As a little kid, our local church community would gather on the 4th with a special speaker for the adults & ice cream cones and play time for the kids.  I think there was usually a softball game behind the church hall.

As an adult, I spent a few July 4th watching The Colorado Rockies baseball team and enjoying the fireworks after.  I'm not a big fan of fireworks though, so this was not a must do for me.  

Since moving to Wisconsin, I have sometimes joined brother Glenn and families at his lake cottage.  Usually a big crowd and always a pontoon boat decorating contest that was taken very seriously by a few.  

This year, I am in self quarantine, about to enjoy another viewing of Hamilton after playing Zoom/Bridge with Colorado pals.

A few years were spent with Dad & Ev at the 62nd Battalion Navy Seabee Reunions.  I still keep in touch with some of the Seabee kids who I met at the reunions.
Afterglow
Dad on the left, Ev in the middle - a toast with friends


I need to see if I have one of these photos with the names, I've forgotten quite a few over the years.



Today during Zoom bridge, Roche's new kitten decided to make some adjustments to her laptop, causing her images to all flip on their sides.
Kittens are so fun and Rocky is a real busy little dude.



Well, not such great news on the Covid front.
The President and his virus task force are pretty much supporting the message of 'live with it'
or not I guess, 
as the deaths continue to climb.
132,000 deaths nationwide, and the curve is not flattening.
Plenty to worry about with these numbers so I will continue to self quarantine, after 114 days at home, I have a pattern to follow.

Cases overview
Wisconsin
Confirmed
31,055
+579
Recovered
24,491
Deaths
796
+3
United States
Confirmed
2.89M
+57,209
Recovered
872K
Deaths
132K
+610
Worldwide
Confirmed
11.1M
+176K
Recovered
5.89M
Deaths
525K
+5,035

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails