Tuesday, July 14, 2020

124 Days of Safer at Home

Did some sewing today.
I'm working on Adventure Bags for the graduates.
I am ready to install the zippers tomorrow on 4 bags, the rest goes very fast.
This flowered fabric was a special purchase as part of the 
Wisconsin Quilt Shop Hop a few years ago and I just love it.
Wisconsin wild flowers.

This Wisconsin fabric was from last year's Wisconsin Quilt Shop Hop.
Fun to have something personal to 'Sconny.
I'll finish these in the morning.


I had a bird casualty today.
A Common Grackle hit the front window and landed on the bird feeder.
He was still moving then, but I feared the worst.
I did move him to a towel in an box and left him outside in case he would recover.
But sadly, he died.  It always makes me sad to lose one.


I never did go to the nursery to get bedding plants this year,
I just let my pots grow what they would.
Most of my pots are growing sunflowers planted by the squirrels or chipmunks.
On the front deck, these pots are growing a fun plant that gets a  yellow flower.
It has a large, very soft, heart shaped leaf.
I just love it.


I have been home for several days now, 
I'll likely have to make a trip to KwikTrip tomorrow for a few supplies.
But I'm cautious, our Wisconsin + numbers are up.
Some people on social media point to the lower numbers of deaths a support for theories that this has all been overblown.  But this is not a live or die disease.  In fact, survivors may face a lifetime of chronic illness and lung disease.
I am determined to avoid contracting this wicked virus.
Cases overview
Wisconsin
Confirmed
40,683
+494
Recovered
-
Deaths
828
+0
United States
Confirmed
3.48M
+57,942
Recovered
1.03M
Deaths
138K
+282
Worldwide
Confirmed
13.2M
+216K
Recovered
7.33M
Deaths
575K
+5,037



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails