Monday, July 20, 2020

Day 130 of Safer at Home

Well, I took the weekend off I guess.  
I didn't even think about writing on Saturday, 
meant to on Sunday, 
and here we are.  
Monday fun-day.

The Day Lily patch is very pretty this year.  Such an easy perennial for me.  I'm sure these clumps should/could be split, but for now, they are just full of blooms.
A couple two three that caught my eye today.





✉✉✉
My friend Mary reminds me quite often "Everybody likes to get mail".
Today I got a surprise package from my friends Dave & Suzi in Colorado.
Suzi has sent me a box of Quilting magazines in the past, 
so when I saw the box, that's what I was happily expecting.

But, in addition to an assortment of great magazines, 
a funny Trump Twitters roll of TP, a new book to read and....
Taco Bell taco sauce!
We have written back and forth about our love for good tacos and this sauce is one of the keys.
🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮

Safer at Home
The news is still quite bleak for Wisconsin with huge increases in the positive test results.
I am now connected to someone who is sick and tested positive, which brings home the need to remain vigilant and careful about social distancing & masking.
More than 143,000 deaths in our nation now, which in itself is so upsetting.

I am hopeful, however, now that big retail 💲💲💲 is stepping into requiring masks in their stores. Maybe we can slow down the transfer of the virus.  
(I do think bars are probably a big petri dish, but more folks have to shop than like to sit on a bar stool.)  
I think big retail might just be the unlikely hero in this story.  Of course it is in their best interest to slow down the virus so that they can stay open to customers 💲💲💲.  
But no matter the motivation, I am thankful to Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Menards, Marketplace, Starbucks, Kohls, Target, Home Depot, Lowes, Whole Foods, Costco, Albertsons, Apple, Best Buy, Aldi and Petsmart.
I just saw the Aldi news while researching this list, yippee!  
Now if KwikTrip would follow along, my personal supply chain would be safer.
Cases overview
Wisconsin
Confirmed
46,249
+830
Recovered
-
Deaths
853
+1
United States
Confirmed
3.89M
+63,591
Recovered
1.12M
Deaths
143K
+512
Worldwide
Confirmed
14.6M
+167K
Recovered
8.2M
Deaths
608K
+4,496

I chalked this on the driveway about 2 months ago.
I got some industrial spray chalk, and it takes and licking and keeps on kicking!
I have not touched this up since I chalked it.
Glad I wrote something that can stand the test of time.


I posted a notice on my front door after a few visits by a well meaning neighbor.
I do not answer the door.
She still rings the door bell, but at least she probably understands now why I don't answer... probably.


Be safe
Stay well


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails