Wednesday, July 8, 2020

118 days, almost 4 months of Safer at Home

Social media is full of examples of crazy behavior.  Everything from shouting matches in big box stores over mask wearing, arguing over school go/no go planning, to a FOX News guy repeatedly attacking the character of a veteran who lost her legs in battle.  Cooler heads are not prevailing.  Settling minor disputes with gunfire and death is not uncommon.  The President makes no secret of his dislike for anyone who questions his idea of patriotism.  Some Senators going as far as accusing mask wearing citizens of being un-American.  
I can't wait to VOTE this fall.

🐁🐁🐁
This morning I heard some scrambling in the kitchen, I knew that Barley was after a mouse.
Soon, here she came, strutting so proudly and heading to the bedroom, mouse in mouth.
I never know what to do.
Make her drop the mouse and risk an injured mouse on the run, or just see what happens.
This all went so quickly, that she was under the bed before I could get out of my chair.
Some time later she emerged, licking her chops.
I went in and looked under the bed to find, gross alert, a small pile of fur and guts to clean up.
I corralled her into the guest bathroom and put her in quarantine expecting her to puke.
But after 30 minutes, she was fine, just mad about being locked up.
She slept most of the rest of the day and was hungry for her supper.
I am so grossed out about it all, but worried for how her system will digest all of that yuck.
Always something, never nothing.

🚗🚗🚗

Google Maps sent me my timeline update for last month.
I was surprised to see I had driven 92 miles, 
but in my normal life, that would have been a light driving DAY.
My places were Walgreens, KwikTrip & Aldi.


More flowers are opening in the Day Lily patch.

🦝🦝🦝

Last night the Raccoon was back on the front deck.
I went out the chase him back into the woods, but he went up the tree instead.
Cute but naughty.

Cases overview
In our county a Facebook posting warned anyone who attended a big ball tourney in a local town over the 4th of July weekend, be alert for Covid symptoms.  
I don't understand why these events were held.
A part of me thinks the event organizers should be held accountable if there are Covid-19 positives cases as a result.
Wisconsin
Confirmed
35,318
+495
Recovered
25,542
Deaths
805
+9
United States
Confirmed
3.08M
+50,940
Recovered
923K
Deaths
134K
+902
Worldwide
Confirmed
11.8M
+173K
Recovered
6.42M
Deaths
544K
+3,419

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails