Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Winter

 Winter is here.  
Yesterday we got more snow and today we started out at 3°F but it is sunny.
The bird feeders have been busy.  
The Mourning Doves sit around the heated bird bath like they are at the neighborhood hot-tub.

Goldfinch in winter

Female Northern Cardinal

The Cardinals love the diner feeder.

BlueJays always look a little perturbed.

It is nice to be able to stay home, enjoy the view and keep warm.

I watched two movies yesterday.

The 1st was called "Don't Look Up".  It was very entertaining.  A satirical film aimed at bringing awareness to climate change and how easy it is for us to ignore the science and the signs that our planet is in trouble.  I also thought its dark humor and sarcasm could have been interpreted to be the response to the science about the Corona Virus.  Pick your poison.

The 2nd was more light hearted, but still with a serious theme.  "Being the Ricardos" was fun, a believable portrayal of Lucy, Ricky, Fred & Ethel.  It also exposed the pressure on Lucille Ball as a performer, a female trail blazer, someone falsely accused by the McCarthy committee on communism and a wife with an unfaithful husband.  

I would recommend both.

I decided to take the trash out yesterday afternoon and thought I could do it in my croc slippers. Dumb. Of course I got on some ice under the snow and went right down on the cement.  It is a miracle that nothing is broken.  My wrist is sore and I'm sure I'll have a doozy of a bruise on my hip. I have to admit, for someone who has taken great care to protect my health from the Covid, taking the trash out in slippers was really irresponsible.  I'm guessing I won't do that again.  It was only my good luck that saved me from a fracture, not my (lack of) good sense.  

Take Care.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails