Wednesday, March 14, 2018

A little sewing

I'm getting used to having more free time now that I am done with basketball and editing of all the basketball photos.
I'm hosting bridge here a couple of times this month, and decided I would like a felt cover for my table.  It helps with picking up the cards and also is built in coasters to soak up any spills or condensation.
I had picked up the felt on sale quite some time ago, it was a quick project and I'm pleased.
 Simple yet so useful.

Then I got interested in a kit I had ordered online.
It's supposed to be a shamrock but I'm interested in the pattern for Danish Hearts.




So, I sewed up the fabric that came with the kit and it will be a cute table topper,
but now I'm excited to use reds and whites to see how it looks with a Danish spin.

This Shamrock still needs a backing and binding.


The table topper is done and in the mail to a friend with good Irish roots.
It is supposed to be delivered on Saturday, 'just in time' for St. Pat's day.

It's nice to have time to sew.
Quilt camp is coming, I need to be thinking about the projects I'll take along.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails