Monday, January 8, 2018

Sunday Funday

Sunday morning and my plumber was on his way, so I was happy.  I took a quick shower and when I came out of the bedroom, I could hear a high pitched alarm siren.  At first, I thought that the furnace had shot craps.  It would not have been a big surprise, I'm on a bad streak of breakdowns.
Much to my delight, I could hear that the furnace was running just fine, so where was the source of this noise?  I decided it was under the laundry room, ugh, that means it is the septic tank overflow alarm.  I mean seriously, what next!?!?

When my pal, Ryan, the amazing plumber arrived, he agreed that the septic must have a problem.
He said he would check it out.
I couldn't believe he could muscle those cement lids without any help, 
and then, 
to look into those tanks...well it takes intestinal fortitude for sure.
He thought the liquid side looked fine, I know TMI, but the solids side is high.
But after triggering the pump in the liquid tank once, the alarm reset.
I'm wondering if all the extra hot water I have been running to try to keep water lines open might have messed with the sensor or float, but nonetheless...
I'll get the solid tank pumped.


Then, back to the original reason for Ryan's visit, the frozen pipes in the master bathroom.

It turns out that some rodents, I'll blame the red squirrels, have ripped down some insulation leaving a section of water line exposed to the cold.  After some time of applying some hot air from a propane heater, we had water again and no damage to the PEX line.
Ryan added some insulation to that area and all is well again.

It's always something around here.
Gus was so good at naming cabins and houses, he should have been named this place 
The Waterworks.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails