Sunday, January 14, 2018

Decathlon

For the 4th year, I volunteered to judge the interview event at the Academic Decathlon at UWBC in Rice Lake.  This is such a fun event.  We interviewed about 8 kids, 7 minutes each, with a set of questions that we kept consistent, student to student.  This has nothing to do with content, although I was intrigued by some of the answers I heard, but all about the how.  Eye contact, gestures, enthusiasm, completeness of answer, and language.  A couple of the kids were really remarkable, but all were at least very good.  
I'll look forward to next year, and hope to talk a few more of my friends to be involved.

It was almost a very bad day, as it was below zero,  and very icy & snowy on the parking lot and sidewalk. I stepped up on to what I thought was the curb, but it wasn't, so mis-stepped and took a flying leap, landing on my right thigh and upper arm and sliding across the icy sidewalk.  Unbelievably, I am fine.
Sore, yes, but nothing broken and a big wake-up call.

Here are a couple of questions from today:
What do you read everyday, and why?
What will you remember from 2017 10 years from now, and why?
Where do you go for inspiration and tell us about it.
What techniques have you used to settle an argument peacefully?


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails