Thursday, July 17, 2014

It is a good year for planting

I've added several bushes and other perennials to my yard this year.  The continue cool, wet weather makes for good survival rates.  My friend Aggie called me Saturday and said she was dropping off some hosta.  There had been a plant sale and these were the left overs.  I was happy to take them.  I didn't see here pull in the driveway, and when I went outside later, I was surprised to see how many plants there were.
I could have easily split all the hosta into over 50 plantings, but I decided a clump a few together and ended up with 25 hosta, 1 lupine & a coral belle.
I've been wanting to put a border of hosta around the front deck.

Some of this area gets a little more sun, hopefully these little babies will do okay.

Nice and shady, these hosta should do well here.
I also added a few hosta to the area around Ansgar's Lille Barn.  Only moss grows since it gets little or no sun due to the maple trees, hosta should do great though.
For now, I think I'm done planting.
For now, I'm done spreading the word that I love free plants.
For now, I'm just going to enjoy the plants I have and hope that they thrive.
But later....I might be on the lookout for more iris and a few more hosta.
It's a good year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails