Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Winter is here

Monday morning was snowing and windy and cold.  Temps in single digits, wind chills in the negative column.  All this blustery weather, made for busy times at the bird feeders.

I love a blue jay in the snow.

 I'm not sure if this guy was loving the snow.
He looks cranky.


White breasted nuthatch grabbing a snack.
 This new suet bag has really brought the woodpeckers.
I watched several downy woodpeckers waiting in the queue to have a snack, but the red bellied woodpecker as the boss.
Waiting his turn.

Sneaking a bite

 Finally the downy got brave enough to sneak a peck at the log.
Getting braver
 I'm going to have to grab a few more of these suet bags next time I am at the grocery.

Red breasted nuthatch...he's a new addition to my regular birds this year.
Nice day at the feeders for sure, and glad I can be toasty warm in the house while I watch and take photos!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails