Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve 2013 and An Ode to Peace

An Ode to Peace – December 2013

This ode is quite different from those in the past,
A single topic instead of the normal ‘year in review’ blast.

I’m trying to push Peace as often as I can in life, it seems a good thing to do,
Whether it is in a bit of jewelry, how I vote, a sign on the wall, or in this note to you.

Many concerning events around the globe, or in the lives of friends, cause me to reflect,
And appreciate that my retirement life is, most days, filled with Peace and close to perfect.

Dad and Ev enjoy a quiet life most days, and no major health issues as their ages they cheat,
They look forward to weekends like most of us, finding a bit more Peace and quiet, and that is treat.

A great-great niece born in November, with both Mom and baby healthy and happy, is a load off my mind,
One more added to the family is a treat, although for a new Mom, Peacefulness might be hard to find.

And more babies are coming, two more ‘greats’ are expected in the coming year,
The addition of these babies of my peaceful life will be held very dear.

Enjoying Mother Nature’s Peace and Grace through the lens of my camera I love,
Many photos of birds and flowers and more are something I am proud of.

Continuing to appreciate the seasons with the extreme temperatures that this Wisconsin climate holds,
Is some days challenging but overall, the peacefulness & beauty of this state is something to behold.

So, I hope that this holiday season finds you enjoying whatever moments of Peace you can find,
I’ll be thinking of you and wishing only the best, my family and friends are never far from my mind.

So, as we look forward to a prosperous new year and as 2013 comes to a close,
My wish for you is that you find a few Peaceful moments in each of your days, and so ends my prose.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails