Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Fall into Winter Work

It was a nice day today, so I took advantage of the day.  I finished covering patio furniture, putting away outdoor cushions and stashing the many pots and worked in the garage to organize and make space for the Vibe.  I can't remember when I got this work done last year, but I feel like I am running a little late, lucky for me the weather was dry and not too cold today.
When Dad and Ev arrived at the end of June, we fired up Johansen Cabinetry in my garage, so the Vibe has been parked outside ever since.  We have had a couple of days with snow flurries, so it has been on my mind that I needed to make space in the garage again.
Once I had space in the garage, I ran into the house and grabbed my keys to pull the car in.
When I came out of the garage to snap this picture, I heard a cat meowing and much to my surprise, there on the front porch, stood Barley.
My cats never get to go outside except to hang out in the cat (cage) condo.  So, this was quite abnormal.
Lucky for me, she was very interested in getting right back into the house and didn't make me chase her.
I opened the door and she shot back inside.
A close call.
***
On another note, I upgraded my living room TV so that I could end up with a flat screen TV that will work for Dad and Ev.  So, I bought a SMART TV, but I can tell you it doesn't make me any smarter.  Any new gadgets are fun for me, and this one is no different.  I am not sure how many times I will need to surf the web using the big TV, but it might be nice when they live stream the St. Scholastica Saints basketball games so I can watch Cole & Alec play.
So now I am deciding when to run to Iowa to deliver the TV and check on Dad.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails