Thursday, November 1, 2012

Back to Iowa

I thought I would send one final update on Dad's deal.

I drove them to Iowa on Monday and we had an uneventful trip.  We got to their apartment just in time to quickly unload the car and get sat down to watch the Dancing With the Stars show that they (and I) really enjoy.

Tuesday morning, Dad had an appointment at the Warfarin clinic there.  I was so pleased to know that they have a straight forward approach and I think Dad and Ev will manage this just fine.  Dad's INR (the measure of anti-coagulation) is now in the therapeutic range.  Good news as that reduces the risk of stroke and also makes managing the dosage of his Warfarin easier.

Glenn arrived while we were at the clinic.  Glenn got busy on the projects at the apartment and Ev and I made a grocery run.  After lunch, Glenn and I continued to do a few things around the apartment.  We drove home at about 4:30pm and made good time getting home.
Sunset in Iowa (out the back car window)

Dad and Ev will do fine in Iowa and of course, Ev's kids are there to help out.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails