Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Deer stories and such

On Friday before The Big Hunt, I took a drive up to our Sandcastle cabin to retrieve my trail cam, and since the hunters would arrive later that evening, I stayed long enough to start a fire in the stove and light up the cabin with the generator.  
I saw 3 eagles and 3 hawks just along the drive up and back, 
but took not one photograph.  
Sinful.
The annual deer hunt took a different turn this year.  Kyle has a new cabin West of Luck in The Barrens, so the Luck hunters went there.  The Up North hunters were only Dana, Andy and Glenn.
I was a little bit jealous of them to have such a nice weekend Up North, but with hunters in the woods, it is not the weekend to be lounging up there anyway.
As of today, successful hunters for this year are only Kris and Andy.
I know Kris is not crazy about me posting his deer photos on the web, but not that many will see it here (as opposed to FB) and I want it in the annual blog book, so please forgive me nephew.

This beauty was taken with a bow and arrow in early November.

This buck was shot on Sunday morning, 11/18/2012
The second weekend of the hunt is coming up, I hope I'll have more photos of successful hunters to post.
***
Dad and Ev are getting along okay in Iowa.  Dad has had a few issues, but now they have home health care checking in on them so I feel good about that.  I am heading down for a couple of nights after Thanksgiving and will see for myself how they are getting along.
***
I was given an interesting website, http://www.camerashuttercount.com.
You upload the last photograph you have taken with your camera, and it decodes the capture information to tell you how many total photographs have been taken with that camera.
My total is 40,390.
Wow, I had no idea.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails