Thursday, November 22, 2012

2012 Thankful

Thanksgiving morning started out warm, like really warm, in fact I got busy and washed the front picture window while the sun was shining.  I was thinking I was kind of hot while I was outside doing that chore.
I had decided to stay home for Thanksgiving, although the Luck J's had invited me to come over there for evening turkey.  Sometimes the drive home at night, especially after a big meal, doesn't sound that good.  And then the weather changed, and I was very thankful to be home.  Safe and sound and warm is always much more relaxing that driving in a windy, snowstorm.
I had planned ahead for my menu.  I made a Brussel Sprout Casserole with a white sauce with Gouda cheese & onions and crab cakes.  The casserole was very yummy, 
my crab cake recipe is a work in progress.
I spent the day playing Scrabble and Words with Friends on my iPad, watching a marathon of Downton Abbey episode on PBS and NFL games.  Then, once the storm rolled in, I enjoyed watching the snow.
It was a fine Thanksgiving, just missing the family fun of the big gathering.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails