Friday, April 20, 2012

Sunny Friday in Rice Lake

It was very sunny today, although the temperature did not get above 60 degrees.  I took my camera for a walk on the Red Cedar Trail here in Rice Lake.
Spring blooms are a real treat, and this big fly seems to be enjoying them as well.
Perfect day to get some sun on the shell for these turtles
I think this is a bittern or a green heron.
I will have to go back and try to get a decent picture though.
May Flowers
Not sure what this is, but looks like it will have a bloom, I'll check on it later.
A really nice trail and only a few folks out walking this afternoon.
Crows love the top branch...the penthouse I suppose
I will have to do some work to identify this guy.
My friend Kathy tells me this is a
Morning Cloak butterfly
Pretty smart about camoflage
Awesome beauty
This guy was busy working on the buds on the trees, working on finding his name too
After much looking through bird book and also using my new What Bird Is It app on my iPad,
I think this is a Yellow Rumped Warbler.
Trail pic
Another bird unknown to me, lots of research to do.
My research makes me think that this is a
Ruby Crowned Kinglet
I enjoyed the walk and will have to go back again soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures, Wanda. Love the Northland and all it offers.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails