Monday, April 23, 2012

Piano Recital in Spring Valley

Sunday was full of options for me.  
Jack was playing basketball with the traveling team in Minneapolis (and they won all 4 games), 
Alyxis had piano recital in Spring Valley 
and Jack & Gage had their piano recital in Luck.
I decided to go see Alyxis's recital.


Click below to see Alyxis's performance.
The students and teacher Debby.
Alyxis is the tall girl in the blue flowers.
Alyxis and her teacher Debbie.
After the recital, there was a reception with yummy bars.
Kaija was there with her 4 kiddos, Bryce is getting so big I had to get a couple of pictures.
He was busy trying to get Michelle's bracelet away from her.
How can a 9 month old have such a grip?
Who is winning?
After the recital, as we were leaving, Kaija said to her middle girl, Milli, (who is 4), 
"Maybe when you get older like Alyxis you can take piano lessons."
Milli's reply...."I already know how to play many pretty songs."
Andy and Michelle invited me to come for dinner after the recital, they had to do a 5 mile run as part of their marathon training, so I had time to have a visit to Glenn and Kathy's house.
Glenn's cat Honey, she is so sweet.
Then we 3 walked over and had a delicious meatloaf Sunday supper with Andy and Michelle.
Alyxis was staying overnight at a friend's house, so it was just the adults and we really had a nice visit and yummy food.

It was a really nice day for a drive 
and I finished my audio book (The Last Lie by Stephen White) on the way to Spring Valley.
The drive home was uneventful, 
and I started a new audiobook  (Janet Evanovich, Smokin' Seventeen) so the miles went by pretty fast.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails