Saturday, February 18, 2012

The last of Jack's basketball for this season


Today was Jack's last basketball weekend for the season.  I made it to St. Croix for his second game, and it was a thriller.  Down by 9 after the first quarter, they came back and kept the game very exciting.  The Cardinals lost by 2 but had a chance at a shot to tie which just didn't go in at the buzzer.
Coach Kyle and his team





*****
Caught this picture of Gage as I was leaving Luck.
Just as I pulled up, Payton yelled "FLAG" and the fishermen came running from the fish house.
Gage in the red.
***
After Jack's game I attended a lecture by Mike Zeckmeister, the regional wildlife biologist for the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources' Northern Region at the St. Croix Falls Visitor Center for the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway.
It was a very interesting and easy checklist of how to manage your yard & landscaping to be friendly to wildlife and birds.
***
On the way home, I was really watching for the eagles that I have seen along Hwy 48 but instead was surprised to see a black bear out snacking in a corn field.
I do not want my yard to be friendly to this particular type of wildlife, although I expect that they will be back this spring.
I hope this doesn't mean that the bears are going to come out of their dens early this year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails