Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Day Blizzard


It started yesterday and snowed most of the night.  I would estimate 12-14 inches of snow with some drifts across the driveway that were much deeper.
The power went out at about 9am.
TTTTTTT
My snowblower has an electric starter and I could not get it to start with the pull rope.
So, let the shoveling begin.
Okay, this was a lot of shoveling but at least I was able to start using the push shovel once I got this much cleared.
Of course, due to the heavy snow, I was only able to take about a 2 inch swipe each pass.

The trees across the road were very pretty.

A blue jay made a visit to the feeder.



This cardinal didn't seem to mind sharing the feeder space with a little chickadee.

TTTTTTT 
The temperature in the house was down to 66 before the power came on at 3pm.
I spent my rest times between shoveling with a blanket on the couch reading.
I left the blanket on the floor and pretty soon Barley came and nosed around until she could get under it.
Do you see a cat?  Just an ear out in the cold.
Once the power came on at 3pm, I was able to start the snowblower and get busy.
The first cut with the blower took forever, 
especially at the roadside where the town grader had piled up a nice challenge for me.
TTTTTTT
Panorama from the road.
The bird feeders were full of customers all day long.
I had to shovel a path out to refill the finch feeder and scrape the snow off the platform feeder.
Gotta take care of my feathered friends.
This blizzard kicked my butt.
Getting the snow off the driveway, even with the blower, was a huge job.
The driveway was done, but so was I.
The snow builds up on the grid over the front door and then when you walk on the landing, it dumps snow on your head.  All part of the fun of a good snow.
TTTTTTT
When I was done with the driveway, I headed to the shower and then decided to go and get a Papa Murphy pizza.  But...they were closed!
So, a Subway sandwich and Coors Light is my reward for a long day on clearing snow.
Heather sent this great picture of a snowman that the Luck kids made.
Ruby, Noah, Snowman,  Jack, Stella & Gage (photo by Heather Johansen)
TTTTTTT
At least I won't have to do this again for 4 years.
Happy Leap Day Blizzard.

Wanda from my Android

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails