Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Leekers



On Tuesday I finally cleaned out the tomato bed, those vines were nasty.

So sad how many tomatoes are laying in the garden bed.  
Then I dug all the leeks out of the step garden.  
The pansies and straw flowers are still blooming, so I guess I will let them keep on keepin' on.
I wasn't sure the leeks would still be good, but they look fine.
It was a good leek harvest.

I found this one award winner.
Too bad there is no county fair to enter this beauty into.
Now the leeks are soaking and I will have to clean them up good.
They are kind of a pain to clean up, but worth it, such a mild onion flavor.
I'm thinking I will saute a big pan of leeks as a good start to the green chili that I'm going to make this weekend.
~~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails