Friday, November 5, 2010

County Government

It's interesting to me to learn how county government works.  Living in a large city, I wasn't really aware of all that the county manages.  Thursday I attended a meeting of the Barron County Highway Department board.  My reason for going was to ask that Barron county adopt a 'no engine braking' ordinance, and then, I am asking that the hill on the county road that runs along my property, be posted with the ordinance.
Barron County
The meeting was a spirited exchange.  The board members were respectful of my request and I feel confident that some action will be taken, although it will be on the time table of the county government, which may require me to attend a meeting of the county board as well.
CTH SS is a busy road, but the highway noise doesn't bother me, it is the engine braking that is loud enough to wake the dead that I would like to see curtailed.
It will interesting to see how this issue progresses through local government, but I'm quite optimistic.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails