Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Lunch and a Road Trip

Today I met 3 girls for lunch who I had gone to school with at Luck.  The 4 of us were in the same class.  It was really fun to see them and we had a great visit.  We will be doing that again soon.
~
After lunch I took a drive to the cheese co-op, and then for some unknown reason, I drove through Crex Meadows Wildlife Refuge on my way to see the folks at Gus's cabin in the barrens.  It was 93 degrees and high humidity and many bugs.  Not sure what I was thinking!  I did see some swans, but all other living beings were laying low!
I suppose that these swans felt okay, 1/2 in the water and all.
A couple of butterflies were flitting around.
Pretty quiet in the heat
Anyone who drives 87 probably knows who lives in this farm, but I have no clue.  I just thought it was a classic the way it reflected on Bass Lake.
Stopped at Gus & Lois's on my way home and this little cutie was eating the Clematis in Lois's flower garden.

The drive home from Luck was just nutz.  It was a combination of high humidity, fog, and some weird phenomena that kept making the windshield be almost impossible to see through.  I didn't see any deer, but then I can barely see the road.  It was a long drive home, and the red sled was really happy to pull into the garage.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails