Friday, August 20, 2010

Hail Storm Stuff

I hired a contractor to do my house repairs that were caused by the Hail Storm.
Patriot Valley Construction  will be replacing both roofs, siding on the back of the house and garage and installing a new sliding glass door to the back deck.  He is fair in his pricing and offers me a lifetime (my lifetime) guarantee on his work.  (I don't think he offers that guarantee to everyone, but since I am his Aunt, I get the good deals.)
I'm getting the materials lined up from Lamperts here in Rice Lake, the sales guy there, Tim, has been really helpful and nice.  I have no experience with these types of building materials, so I'm getting an education.
The siding on the back of the garage got shattered, so it get's to be new.
The plan is to start on the scraping of the roofs on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend, giving literal meaning to that weekend.  I won't be working on the roof, but I'll be the laborer that gets to shovel the shingles into the dumpster.  Not really what I had planned for the last holiday of the summer, but it has to be done.
~
Patriot Valley Construction is owned by Captain Andrew Johansen out of Spring Valley, WI

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails