Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I think I'm done with the garage, finally...for now anyway

I worked on building a shelf along the back wall of the garage today.  I had picked up the shelving at The Habitat for Humanity RESTORE last summer and built the brackets out of 2X4.  Dad helped me understand how to do it and then tonight, I did it.  It turned out great, and now my coolers and the rest of the tubs are off the floor.
I'm not sure I built these the way Dad would, but I thing the end result is good support for my shelves.

The shelves were about 50 cents each, nice price for good shelving.

Level - front to back, left to right, whew!

How can one person have so much stuff!! Next job is to get rid of some of this junk

Now it can be a party room.

My rack for the deck cushions works great.  Small design flaw, I made the slots a little too thin, the cushions fit really tight, which will be just fine when they are dry, but for drying, they have to be staggered.  It works fine, if I make another, I'll measure twice.
~~
These posts are getting pretty boring!
I'm headed on a little road trip in the Red Sled tomorrow, maybe I'll find something interesting along the way.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails