Sunday, August 22, 2010

Heart Check without a CoPay

Sunday afternoon, my chores were done, and I was starting to think about turning on golf and having a little nap in the nice air conditioned house.   I was relaxing in the recliner when i noticed that the hummingbird feeder was empty, so guilt got to me and I headed out to fill the feeder before my nap.
After filling the feeder, I decided to crank open the umbrella over the deck table.  Sometimes the moths get up in there and I like to open them up once in awhile to be sure that they get aired out.  As I was turning the crank and the umbrella was opening, plop, out falls a big toad!  Well, I screamed, he scamped to get away from me and my poor heart nearly stopped.
I have no idea how he got up there, or why he would go there, but I'll never crank open the umbrella again without being pretty skittish.
He's a fine looking fellow and last time I checked he was still lounging on a deck chair!

Like a friend on Facebook said, heart check up with no co-pay!
After all that excitement, no nap for me!
~
Instead I got busy and switched out the ceiling fan that was in my living room / dining room arch.  You know how something bugs you because you don't like it and it nags and nags, but it is functional so you can get by.  Well, I've been looking for just the right fan, and finally found it at Menards yesterday.
Too gold and too big.  Off to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore for you.
Smaller footprint
Blades are tilted more - 'turbo' - so is smaller and moves more air.
Preparations continue for a big Johansen gathering here next Sunday, it should be fun.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails