Saturday, January 30, 2010

Look at the map once in a while!

On Thursday, I was driving home from Spring Valley and decided to detour and drive to a bridge over the Chippewa River near Jim Falls, WI.  I had been there last fall with Terry & Janet when the leaves were turning and it was a pretty spot to take photos.  It is just downstream from a big power plant, so the water levels are controlled; the bridge is out of service except to foot traffic, so it is a safe spot to play photographer.



When I left the bridge, I decided that if I just followed the river North, I should get home just fine  (oops).  So, I ignored 'Smarty Pants' (GPS) and drove along the river thinking I was heading for home.  I really should look at the map once in awhile.  Eventually, I started having a feeling that I was getting too far East.  By the time I let 'Smarty Pants' take over on the navigation, I was about 50 miles East of my normal route home, and when I finally did look at the map, I (for the first time) realized that Rice Lake is NW of Eau Claire and I was heading NE at about the same angle.  I about ended up at Green Bay...well not quite, but I drove WAY out of my way to get home.  
Next time, I will consult a map.
~
I am headed to Luck for more basketball tonight - high school, and 4th grade basketball on Saturday.
Go Cardinals!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails