Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Too much of a good thing?

It is a perfect fall day today, so I was determined to get out on my bike and explore a little. I headed off towards Rice Lake on the county road and quickly determined I need to find a safer route. I veered off onto some side roads and found a little loop around Moon Lake.

Nice walking path near Moon Lake.

This tree caught my attention. Most of the maples are just starting to turn, but this one is a beauty already.
Main Street Rice Lake, one of those Main Street USA designations
I found Main Street and road to the North end where I found a Chicago Dog shop, got lunch and road down by the lake to find a spot to eat.

I was delighted to find this place to get a dog for lunch.

I ate lunch on the shore of Rice Lake.

Some ducks were entertaining me with their preening. I realized on the way into town, it was a lot of downhill, so the way home was concerning me. I picked up a map from the Chamber of Commerce and saw that I could take a county road home. Well, since this is my first bike ride since about May, I was already in way too far. But it isn't like I could call for someone to pick me up either!
The ride home was hard due to dead legs and a pretty strong breeze. But, even though I had to push the bike for about 1/4 mile, it was a great ride. The dirst of many. I was happy to see this farm when I came around the bend in the road as I knew I was only about 1/2 mile from home then.








1 comment:

AletaMay said...

Yay! Wanda is blogging! wOOt!

You seem to be settling in nicely. The area looks lovely.

We should figure out where a good half way meeting spot is for coffee or a drink!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails