Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Veteran's Day in a Covid19 year

 Veteran's Day in a Covid19 year.

I normally go to Luck to the program put on by the school kids to honor veterans.  Today I watched the YouTube video of a program put together by the school.  It was a nice substitute to be sure.

The start of the program is always a slide show with Veterans who are related to the students.  I managed to grab a screenshot as our family went by.



I was so lucky to see both Uncle Chris and Dad with their military pals & comrades at their reunions.  The Seabees and The Timberwolves will always be special to me.  And I will always honor their service as well as the service of all other military as well. 
I have always been pro veterans and pro military, the people, not necessarily the actions.


My personal anti-war stance is only strengthened by knowing the sacrifice and trauma of Dad & Uncle Chris endured during their service to our country.  
Their lives were forever changed and what they saw they could never un-see.
My wish is that no one else is ever asked to do the same.
Peaceful coexistence is my deepest desire for all of us.

☮☮☮


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails