Wednesday, November 4, 2020

2020 Election Day and the loss of a friend

 I voted absentee because of the Covid Virus,
so my ballot was received at the town hall weeks before election day.


I stayed up until about 9pm last night, I could see that the results were going to be delayed, with no clear winner until all of the mail in votes are counted.

It was a fitful sleep, I got up twice  to come out and turn on the TV again and watch for a bit.  But even now, late Wednesday afternoon, there is still no clear winner.

I was hoping for a large win for Biden Harris, clearly, that is not what happened.  It is a close race, Wisconsin and Michigan have been called for Biden, but that is not quite enough for the Electoral College.   So, we are in for a long night and quite likely into tomorrow.

It was a perfect day here in Rice Lake today.  I got my cushions stored off the decks, the furniture covered and a few other outdoor projects done as well.  Tomorrow I'm going to work on the big wreath I bought on clearance last Spring, it will go on the side of the garage.  I might as well get it ready to hang, and then I'll get it up and turned on by Thanksgiving.

Hops just loves to find a perch, she doesn't jump, so this must be fun for her.
I left the old mattress pad, in the plastic case from the new one, laying in the living room.
I heard an odd noise the other day and here she was on her perch.


💔

On a very sad note, my friend and former hairdresser, Barry passed away early this morning.  

He was my first friend here in Wisconsin.  I found his shop right away and we hit it off.  He was a Democrat and a good man.  I enjoyed our chats during my 10 plus years of haircuts and was very sad when he decided to retire from the scissors and go back to truck driving.   

He has had a hard battle against leukemia, enduring many treatments and many hospital stays over the last year or two.  Today, he is at rest.  He loved his group motorcycle rides with his pals and was a new grandpa too.  

Barry was one of the good guys and I am so sorry to hear that he is gone, so young and so vibrant the last time I saw him.  

Rest well Barry, my friend.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails